I love mixing up different ingredients for new recipes. And this is one of those times. I think I was shocked at how amazing the difference in using whole wheat make these cookies taste vs. using ordinary flour.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Write a review
- ½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- BEAT butter and sugars together until creamy. Add in vanilla and eggs (one at a time) until incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon to the butter mixture. Fold in oats and chocolate chips and mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or the center has just set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The Country Gal https://thecountrygal.com/