My Hubby loves, loves, loves Wheat Bread. I like it too, but not as much as hubby. Personally, I prefer the Amish White Bread. So, I thought I’d share the wheat bread recipe for all of you that love wheat!
Amish Wheat Bread
Write a review
- Mix: Yeast Mixture
- 1 C. Warm Water about 110 degrees
- 2 tbsp. Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Set until foam appears
- Amish Wheat Breat
Mix: Flour Mixture
- 2C. Hot Water
- 1/3 C. Veg-table Oil
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 TBSP. Salt
- 6 1/4 C White Flour
- 3/4 C. Wheat Flour
- Mix the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Hand mix until all ingredients are mixed. You do not need to kneed it, just form it until it's nice and round.
- Grease a large bowl.
- Place in blow and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double in size
- Punch down and reform until round.
- Divided evenly into threes.
- Spray three bread pans with cooking spray
- Place formed bread loaves into bread pans
- Recover with plastic wrap
- let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Bake @350 for 25-30 minutes
- Immediately place and cooling rack.
The Country Gal https://thecountrygal.com/